FAQs

Answers to most questions
If you still cannot find the answer to your question, then please use the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Insurance FAQ

What does the USA Sofball Accident policy cover?
This policy provides coverage for medical expenses that you incur as a result of your participation in supervised USA Softball Team activities. The policy provides up to $250,000 in Accident Medical Expense protection, subject to a deductible and 90/10% coinsurance. Treatment and medical expenses are covered for 52 weeks from the date of injury. This is a supplemental policy purchased by the USA Softball for the benefit of its members to help minimize your out of pocket expenses if you are injured playing softball. The coverage is subject to the limits, conditions and exclusions of the policy and is not designed to cover “everything.”
Are there guidelines under the policy for getting treatment and submitting a claim form?
For claims to be eligible for coverage, you must seek medical treatment within 60 days from the date of injury. The USA Softball claim form must be submitted to Bollinger within 90 days from the date of injury.


What happens if I have my own primary medical insurance?
Accident medical expenses are covered under the USA Softball Accident policy on an Excess Basis, meaning that benefits will only be paid under this plan after your own personal or group insurance has paid out its benefits. Once you have submitted the claim to your primary insurance plan, you can submit any remaining balances or out of pocket expenses to the USA Softball Accident plan. Send your itemized bills and EOB’s (explanation of benefits) from your primary carrier with a completed Bollinger/USA Softball claim form to Bollinger to have your claim processed. Please note: It is very important that you follow your primary insurance carrier’s eligibility criteria (e.g., to be treated in-network, if required by HMO, etc) in order for your claim to be eligible for coverage under the USA Softball Accident plan.


What happens if I have no other insurance?
If you have no other insurance, USA Softball insurance coverage is primary subject to the deductible, coinsurance and other policy limitations. Send the itemized bills from your doctors or hospitals along with a completed Bollinger/USA Softball claim form to Bollinger to have your claim processed.


Is there a deductible or coinsurance on the ASA Accident plan?
Depending on the plan selected, Individually Registered JO players and their coaches may have a $0 or $250 deductible, while Adult players have a $500 deductible. JO players covered under the Team Insurance Plan have a $250 deductible and Adult players have a $500 deductible. The deductible applies regardless of whether you have other insurance or not. In addition, the policy has a 90/10% coinsurance clause. This means that after you meet the deductible (if any) for medical services, the USA Softball Accident insurance pays 90% and you are responsible for the remaining 10%.


How can I make sure that my claim gets paid as quickly as possible?
The most important thing you can do is to fill out the claim form completely and have it signed by a league official and your USA Softball State Commissioner. Incomplete claim forms are the most common reason for delays in the claims process. Another way to avoid delay is to provide Bollinger with itemized bills (a “HCFA-1500” is the standard form used by doctors and dentists, “UB-04” or “UB-92” are the standard form used by hospitals). And if you have primary insurance, you will need to include the explanation of benefits form (EOB) from your primary health insurance carrier.

Claim Forms: Please contact the Bollinger USA Softball Department at 1-800-526-1379

USA Softball FAQs

JOIN THE CONVERSATION: 

© 2016 by  USA Softball of Houston